Piano 2 Pianos, 4 Hands (2 Pianos, 4-hands)
SKU: HL.51481231 2 Pianos, 4 Hands
. Composed by Johannes Brahms. Edited by Johannes Behr, Johannes Umbreit, and Lars Vogt. Arranged by Lars Vogt. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. After the text of the new Brahms Complete Edition Fingering by Lars Vogt Piano reduction by Johannes Umbreit. Orchestral material at Breitkopf. Classical. Softcover. 114 pages. G. Henle #HN1231. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481231).
ISBN 9790201812311. UPC: 888680072117. 9.25x12.25x0.4 inches.
Shortly after a rather unsuccessful performance of his Piano Concerto No. 1, Johannes Brahms wrote to Joseph Joachim in 1859: “... a second one will sound different.” Nevertheless, a good 20 years elapsed before that second concerto finally took form, and only in 1881 was he able to announce: “I wanted to tell you that I have written a very small piano concerto with a tiny little delicate Scherzo.” Henle's piano reduction of this anything-but-little symphonic concerto presents the solo part as it appears in the respective, recently published volume of the Brahms Complete Edition (51486020). Lars Vogt has succeeded in taming the opulent piano writing withis fingerings. The refined arrangement of the complex orchestral part for the accompanying second piano stems from Johannes Umbreit.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)