Piano 2 Pianos, 4 Hands (2 Pianos, 4-hands)
SKU: HL.51480660 2 Pianos, 4 Hands Piano Reduction – 2 Copies Needed to Perform
. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Peter Jost. Arranged by Mitsuko Uchida. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 88 pages. G. Henle #HN660. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480660).
ISBN 9790201806600. UPC: 884088518974. 9.25x12.25x0.296 inches.
As did many piano virtuosi at the time, Robert Schumann also dreamt of presenting himself to the public simultaneously as a pianist and composer with his own piano concerto. He had made several first attempts at an early age. In the years that followed he felt himself increasingly drawn towards the idea of a freer formal conception. The sketch of a single-movement “Phantasie” finally became the opening movement of the famous work, that is now being published for the first time in a practical Urtext edition. The fingerings were provided by the world-famous pianist Mitsuko Uchida. Score and orchestral material are available from Breitkopf & Härtel.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)