Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480116 Piano Solo
. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Edited by Ewald Zimmermann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: 151. Classical. Softcover. 160 pages. G. Henle #HN116. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480116).
ISBN 9790201801162. UPC: 884088173210. 9.25x12.25x0.453 inches.
Though 18 piano sonatas is a respectable amount for any composer, Mozart also left almost as many – namely 15 – variation cycles. Variations on popular themes, but also on original tunes, were a kind of fashion craze back then, and Mozart made his contribution in this field as well. Certainly, financial considerations played a role here; after all, fashionable items sell well. Thus Mozart's variations, in contrast to his piano sonatas, were all published during his lifetime. The fact that these were articles of taste did not mean that they were not of the finest quality, especially with Mozart. In these variations, a wealth of imagination and stylish elegance come together for joyful music-making. One should not underestimate them, but simply take pleasure in these wonderful works. Contents: Variations on a Dutch Song, KV Anh. 208 • Variations on “Willem van Nassau” in D Major, KV 25 • Variations on “Mio caro Adone” KV, 180 • Variations on a Minuet, KV 179 • Variations on the Ariette “Lison dormait,” KV 264 • Variations on a March from “Les Mariages Samnites,” KV 352 • Variations on “La belle Francoise,” KV 353 • Variations on “Je suis Lindor,” KV 354 • Variations on “Salve, tu Domine,” KV 398 • Variations on “Unser dummer Pobel meint,” KV 455 • Variations on an Allegretto, KV 500 • Variations on an Allegretto, KV 54 • Variations on a Minuet by Duport, KV 573 • Variations on “Ein Weib ist das herrlichste Ding,” KV 613 • Variations on “Come un'agnello,” KV 460 • Theme and two Variations, KV 460 • Variations on the Final Theme of the Clarinet Quintet, K. 581, KV Anh. 137 • Variations on “Ah, vou dirai-je Maman,” KV 265.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.