Piano solo (Piano Solo) - Henle Level 4-9
SKU: HL.51481200 Piano Solo
. Composed by Sergei Rachmaninoff. Edited by Dominik Rahmer. Arranged by Marc-Andre Hamelin. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Fingering by Marc-Andre Hamelin. Classical. Softcover. G. Henle #HN1200. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481200).
ISBN 9790201812007. UPC: 888680012977. 12.25x9.25x0.411 inches.
Based on the Prélude in c sharp minor Op. 3 No. 2 written in 1892 that quickly became world-famous, Rachmaninoff composed a further two collections of Préludes in the years up to 1910. These were also published as a complete volume in 1911. Based on the corresponding models by Chopin, Scriabin and their great forerunner J.S. Bach they comprise a cycle of 24 Préludes in all major and minor keys, but unlike the other ones are not organized systematically according to keys. A final highlight of late Romantic piano music, which no pianist can ignore!
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)