There are currently no items in your cart.
Piano Solo - Intermediate - Digital Download
Composed by Juan María Solare. 20th Century, Contemporary Classical, Minimalism, Neo-Classical, Repertoire. Score, Solo Part. 35 pages. Published by Juan Maria Solare (S0.704645).
Item Number: S0.704645
Juan María Solare: Numbered Places (eleven piano pieces)
01 - One Way Flight to... (2:50)
02 - Twopenny Loaf [USA] (3:45)
03 - Three Bridges [UK] (2:25)
04 - Four Oaks [USA] (3:00)
05 - Five Pointz [NYC] (3:45)
06 - Six Mile Bottom [UK] (2:40)
07 - Seven Kings [UK] (5:10)
08 - Eight Streets [USA] (5:55)
09 - Nine Elms [UK] (2:50)
10 - Ten Ten Road [NC, USA] (3:25)
11 - Eleven Lands [UK] (3:30)
Numbered Places * piano * music by Juan María Solare
The cycle Numbered Places startsfrom a simple idea: the piece nr. 1 would have a title that begins with theword One, the piece nr. 2 a titlethat begins with the word Two and soon up to an arbitrary number (in this case, eleven).
For everything to have more cohesion, English names of different places orregions in either USA or (mainly) UK were used.
In its own way, Numbered Placesis therefore a conceptual album - alreadyfrom the point of view of titles.
Also musically, this world of sound has cohesion: instrumental piano music,neoclassical aesthetics (a somewhat broad concept that encompasses composerssuch as Erik Satie or Ludovico Einaudi), a certain simplicity in its surface.
Let us briefly comment each of the titles:
- One WayFlight to ...: The imaginary journey starts here. Each person will completethe sentence with the destiny of their choice.
- TwopennyLoaf: This is a neighborhood (and geographically a cape) in the city ofGloucester, Essex County, Massachusetts, USA. It is believed to have gotten itsname because it is shaped like a (bread) loaf that at the time cost twopennies.
- ThreeBridges: It is a city somewhere between London and Brighton, and a nodalpoint where trains typically split. Musically, the most minimalistic of all thecycle.
- Four Oaks:There are numerous places so named, both in England and the US, and possibly inother countries. I can imagine that there were actually four oak trees planted near.
- FivePointz: Neighborhood in Queens, New York. A graffiti mecca that wasdemolished in 2014 to build expensive buildings. And yes, it is spelled with zin this case.
- Six MileBottom: Is a hamlet near Cambridge in England. The hamlet derives its namefrom its distance from the start of Newmarket Racecourse and because it lies ina valley bottom. There is no public transport. The old train station, closed in1967 for lack of use, is now a private residence.
- SevenKings: It is a neighborhood in Ilford, East London. The earliest recordeduse of the name is as Sevekyngg or Sevekyngges in 1285, possibly meaning'settlement of the family or followers of a man called Seofoca'
- EightStreets: it is a (very sought-after) neighborhood located in the heart ofthe historic South End of the city of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Nine Elms:a district of South West London. Nine Elms Lane was named around the year 1645,from a row of elm trees bordering the road.
- Ten TenRoad: it is a place -actually the main road- in the town of Apex, NorthCarolina, USA.
- ElevenLands: this place is mentioned in an old legal report from around 1782 asexisting in North London ("a place called Eleven Lands, containing fiveacres of arable, formerly Cosby's, beonging to a farm in the said parish ofBletcheley...", in " Acollection of the Reports of Cases, the Statutes, and Ecclesiastical Laws,relating to Tithes", volume 3). It has certainly changed its name.Musically, this last piece has a certain tango aura.
Why eleven pieces and not more? The truth is that - incredibly as it mayseem - I didn't find any place called "Twelve" something. Yes thereare such names in other languages, but I wanted to keep some consistency. Thereare also pubs or bars called Twelvewhatever, but since they are not sponsoring my music, I had no motivation togive them free advertising at the moment.
This album was released in early 2020 on Spotify, iTunes and allother online platforms through the label BlissRecordings in London (part of frtyfve).Find your favorite service here: https://frtyfve.lnk.to/NPVol1
There are alsovideos of several pieces of this album. They are in the following playlist:
Italian pianist Nibbio Brunowrote about Three Bridges:
"Juan Maria Solare never disappoints ...in just [2 minutes] ofarpeggios he says all that others (like me) do not even say in... an hour ofmusic!! What a wonderful listening experience, a great return back in the pastof each of us to look for an episode of our life, a face, something that hadbeen forgotten and instead, thanks to this music, returns to a new life in ourmemory . Thank you !"
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music files that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your Digital Download will have a watermark at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only authorized to print the number of copies that you have purchased. You may not digitally distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e., you may not print or digitally distribute individual copies to friends or students).
Top Selling Piano Solo Sheet Music