Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480616 Piano Solo
. Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Edited by Polina Vajdman. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: VII and 66. Classical. Softcover. 74 pages. G. Henle #HN616. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480616).
ISBN 9790201806167. UPC: 884088177362. 9.25x12.25x0.254 inches.
As well as Tchaikovsky's famous Piano Concerto, his extensive oeuvre for solo piano also makes an important contribution to romantic piano music. It includes “The Seasons” op. 37 – pleasant playable pieces that reflect a bygone bourgeois atmosphere and can therefore be assigned to the category of “domestic music.” These twelve intimate mood-pictures enable the pianist to plot the course of the twelve months of the year. No. 11, “Troika”, displays a Russian character particularly well, when in November the sleigh bells and the cheerful singing of the passengers create an enchanting sound. Our edition is based on the autograph and the Russian first edition; moreover it contains Klaus Schilde's highly regarded fingerings.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.