Piano Solo (Piano Solo) - Henle Level 7
SKU: HL.51481212 Piano Solo
. Composed by Sergei Rachmaninoff. Edited by Dominik Rahmer and Marc-Andre Hamelin. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Fingering by Marc-Andre Hamelin. Classical, Russian. Paperbound. G. Henle #HN1212. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481212).
ISBN 9790201812120. UPC: 888680072179. 9.25x12.25x0.041 inches.
As indestructible as Rachmaninoff's C-sharp-minor Prélude (51481211) may be, it is not his only Prélude to have begun a “solo career” of its own: with its rousing rhythms and rhapsodic middle section, the famous piece in G minor certainly takes its place among them. Pianists who aren't yet ready to tackle the complete cycle of 24 Préludes (51481200) can still enjoy Rachmaninoff “at his best” with this work. In conjunction with Moscow's Glinka Archives, Henle was able to consult the autograph sources for their Urtext edition of the Préludes, which means that this single edition thus also benefits from the Urtext's excellent editorial and graphic quality. As with all of Henle's Rachmaninoff editions, the fingerings were once again provided by Marc-André Hamelin.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)