Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
Composed by Easy Piano Variations from the Baroque and Classic Eras. Edited by Gü and nter Lorenz. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: 39. Baroque, Classical. Softcover. 40 pages. G. Henle #HN261. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480261).
ISBN 9790201802619. UPC: 884088174576. 9.25x12.25x0.125 inches.
6 sets of variations. C.P.E. Bach: 6 Variations (First Edition) in C major Wq 118,5 • J.C. Bach: 4 Variations in G major, Op. 5, No. 3 • Beethoven: 9 Variations on “Quant' è più bello” from La Molinara by Paisiello WoO 69 • Händel: 5 Variations in B-flat major • Haydn: Variations in E flat, Hob. XVII:3 • Mozart: 7 Variations on “Willem van Nassau” in D major K. 25. With this selection of piano variations from the Baroque and Classical eras, we aim to facilitate the player's discovery of a vast staple of literature which represents, next to the sonata, the most important group within the classical piano repertoire. Variations by the two Bach sons Carl Philipp Emanuel and Johann Christian Bach as well as by Georg Friederic Handel neighbour on three cycles by the great Viennese classics Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven. Caution was taken so as not to surpass a medium level of difficulty (level 5).
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.