Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480717 Piano Solo
. Composed by Franz Liszt. Edited by Ernst-Gü and nter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: IX and 123. Classical. Softcover. 132 pages. G. Henle #HN717. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480717).
ISBN 9790201807171. UPC: 884088178338. 9.25x12.25x0.402 inches.
Liszt's "Transcendental Studies" of 1852 are without doubt among the triumphs of virtuoso piano music, and their visionary language and poetic expression make them a milestone of the romantic age. This set of twelve etudes represents the results of the composer's own revision of a collection already published in 1827 and 1839. Accordingly, the principal source for our edition was a printed copy of the earlier version with myriad changes in the composer's hand. Each of these pieces, including the famous "Harmonies du soir" and "Mazeppa," bears its own title and has entered the concert repertoire less as an etude than as a tone-poem with its own distinctive flavour.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.