Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480124 Etuden
. Composed by Frederic Chopin. Edited by Ewald Zimmermann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Urtext Editions. Pages: 135. Romantic Period. Collection (softcover). With standard notation, fingerings, introductory text and thematic index (does not include words to the songs). 127 pages. G. Henle #HN124. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480124).
ISBN 9790201801247. UPC: 9790201801247. 9x12 inches.
Chopin succeeded in doing something truly remarkable with his two cycles of Etudes op. 10 and op. 25, published in 1833 and 1837 respectively. Probably no one before him had composed technical practice pieces that at the same time reached such musical heights. Chopin's Etudes are character pieces that are full of tension, written for the concert hall. The virtuosic works, including long-running hits such as the “Revolutionary Etude” op. 10 no. 12 belong to the pianist's core repertoire. In addition to the two cycles op. 10 and op. 25, our Urtext edition also contains three Etudes without opus number, which Chopin composed for a Parisian piano method in 1840: wonderfully lyrical miniatures, which can hold their own with the 24 grand studies.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.