Piano solo (Piano solo) - Henle Level 6-7
Composed by Johannes Brahms. Edited by Katrin Eich. Arranged by Andreas Boyde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Revised edition, replaces HN 122. Classical. Softcover. 36 pages. G. Henle #HN1215. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481215).
ISBN 9790201812151. UPC: 888680036614. 9.25x12.25x0.115 inches.
When his contemporaries heard the works that Johannes Brahms had composed during his summer holiday in Ischl in 1893 – the Piano Pieces op. 118 – they were delighted. Clara Schumann was one of the first to be allowed to get to know the new pieces, and she attested that they contained “a wealth of sentiment in the smallest of dimensions.” Philipp Spitta fittingly said that the works were “perfect for slowly absorbing in solitude and tranquility.” Opus 118 contains two of the composer's best-known miniatures – the Intermezzo in A major and the Romance in F major. This volume is based on the musical text in the New Brahms Complete Edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)