Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480217 Piano Solo
. Composed by Frederic Chopin. Edited by Ewald Zimmermann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Romantic Period. Collection (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes and fingerings. 160 pages. G. Henle #HN217. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480217).
ISBN 9790201802176. UPC: 9790201802176. 9x12 inches.
The polonaise made its first appearances in stylized dance music in the late 16th century. With his own polonaises, Chopin also declared his allegiance to his native Poland. In a way, the genre had fascinated him since his childhood. His earliest printed work was a Polonaise (KK IIa no. 1 in G minor), which he had written at the age of seven. The first three posthumously published Polonaises op. 71 as well as KK IVa nos. 1-3, 5 and 8 are juvenilia from the Warsaw years. The mature works begin with the seven great Polonaises op. 26 nos. 1 and 2, op. 40 nos. 1 and 2, op. 44 and 53, and, above all, the Polonaise-Fantaisie op. 61 of 1845/46, Chopin's last great piano work. With their mixture of festiveness and refinement, of power and suppleness, of heroic pathos and graceful charm, they all testify to the inimitable artistry of this great composer.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.