Bassoon Duet; Cello Duet (Piano Solo)
SKU: HL.51481599 For Two Cellos (or Bassoons)
. Composed by Joseph Bodin de Boismortier. Edited by Tabea Umbreit. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 56 pages. G. Henle #HN1599. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481599).
UPC: 196288122340. 9.0x12.0x0.195 inches.
Joseph Bodin de Boismortier was highly successful in his lifetime, but many of his more than 100 works are forgotten today. His Duo Sonatas for string or wind instruments, however, continue to enjoy great popularity, especially among teachers and their students. With these Six Sonatas op. 14, G. Henle Verlag is expanding its repertoire of technically-easy string chamber music, and also invites bassoonists to engage with these delightful French Baroque pieces. This Henle Urtext edition follows the first edition published in Paris in 1726. It presents the works in score format, thereby allowing players to swap parts spontaneously when repeating sections. We also include a second score to which Thomas Klein has addedfingerings and bowings, enabling less advanced cellists to get directly to grips with these works.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)