Chamber Ensemble Bassoon; Clarinet; French Horn; Oboe; Piano (Piano Quintet)
SKU: HL.51480222 For Oboe, Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon & Piano
. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven. Edited by Hans-Martin Theopold and Siegfried Kross. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score(Pno) = 48 * Oboe = 7 * Bassoon = 7 * Clar B-flat = 7 * Horn E-flat = 4. Classical. Softcover. 84 pages. G. Henle #HN222. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480222).
ISBN 9790201802220. UPC: 884088174217. 9.25x12.25x0.257 inches.
For piano, oboe, clarinet (Bb), horn (Eb), and bassoon. Works for or with wind instruments (then called “Harmonie” in German) were an extraordinarily popular genre in the Viennese Classical era. Beethoven also created a number of works that call for wind instruments, including his Piano Quintet op. 16 in E flat major. It was written in 1796 while Beethoven was on his concert tour to Prague and Berlin. Unmistakable are the parallels with Mozart's corresponding Quintet K. 452, both in the key and in the sequence of single movements. The grace and serenity that stamp the work recall the model particularly favored by Beethoven. That he himself had a soft spot in his heart for this work emerges from the fact that he repeatedly placed it on the programs of his concerts as a pianist, and also arranged it as a quartet for piano and three stringed instruments.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)