Piano (Piano Solo)
SKU: HL.51481652 Piano Solo
. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach. Edited by Ulrich Scheideler. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. G. Henle #HN1652. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481652).
UPC: 196288148135. 9.0x12.0x0.113 inches.
Bach's Six Partitas form what is presumably the most famous and challenging collection of suites in music history. Bach was aware ofthe weightiness of his cycle as he initially had these multi-movement partitas, composed in Leipzig between 1726 and 1730, published in individual editions. This culminated in their publication in an anthology that proudly sports the opus number “1” in 1731. Their diversity of forms knows no bounds and the musical texture is infused with the most ingenious counterpoint, but at the same time performers will not miss out on the enjoyment of virtuosic playing in any way. G. Henle Publishers presents this magnum opus in a revised Urtext edition that consults the original editions as well as autograph sources while also extensively documenting the numerous entries in correction copies from Bach's circle. In keeping with Bach's model, the 2nd Partita, in C minor, is available both in the collective volume and in a handy, inexpensive separate edition that is ideal for advanced learners and for self-study. The helpful fingerings by pianist William Youn are notable for their particular ergonomics, and carefully follow the phrasing and sense of Bach's music. Interesting deviations in the different sources are made easily accessible in footnotes or in square brackets in the musical text itself.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)