Piano (Piano solo) - L3, L4, L5, L6, L7
SKU: HL.51481819 11 Well-Known Original Pieces in Progressive Order
. Composed by Franz Liszt. Edited by Sylvia Hewig-Trö and William Scher. Sheet music. Paperbound. At the Piano. With practical comments. Classical. Softcover. 56 pages. G. Henle #HN1819. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481819).
ISBN 9790201818191. UPC: 888680699505. 9.25x12.25x0.195 inches.
Franz Liszt is still regarded as one of the greatest pianists of all time: a superb virtuoso whose own piano works also bristle with extreme technical difficulties. But no one needs to be afraid of big names. Our carefully chosen selection from Liszt's immense oeuvre ranges here from the easy to the moderately difficult. These pieces are truly charming, and well-suited for “ordinary mortals.” And for those who reach the end of the volume, there's a worthwhile reward: perhaps Liszt's best-known piano piece, the third “Liebestraum.” Contents: Sehr langsam from Four Piano Pieces • Andantino from Four Piano Pieces • Andante con moto from Consolations • Un poco più mosso from Consolations • Quasi adagio; cantabile con devzione from Consolations • Hymne de l'enfant à son réveil from Harmonies poétiques et religieuses • Le mal due pays from Années de Pèlerinage, Première Année - Suisse • Il penseroso from Années de Pèlerinage, Deuxième Année - Italie • Canzonetta del Salvator Rosa from Années de Pèlerinage, Deuxième Année - Italie • Aux Cypès dela Villa d'Este from Années de Pèlerinage, Troisième Année • Liebestraum in A-flat Major.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)