Piano Piano, Piano/Keyboard (Piano solo) - Henle Level 7
SKU: HL.51480558 Arrangement for Piano
. Composed by Richard Wagner. Edited by Dominik Rahmer and Franz Liszt. Arranged by Franz Liszt. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 16 pages. G. Henle #HN558. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480558).
ISBN 9790201805580. UPC: 884088924621. 9.25x12.25x0.076 inches.
The epochal piano virtuoso Liszt made numerous transcriptions for his instrument of works by other composers – Wagner's Tristan und Isolde, a key nineteenth century work, naturally numbered amongst them. His congenial rendition of the famous closing scene (“Mild und leise, wie er lächelt”) for the piano is, incidentally, the source of the title that we are so familiar with today, “Isoldens Liebestod” (Isolde's Love Death) – Wagner himself only spoke of Isolde's “transfiguration.” Henle has now published Liszt's sophisticated – but not impossibly difficult – piano setting in the finest Urtext quality, including the original fingerings by the master of the piano. The text of this final scene can be found in an appendix within the edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)