Piano - Level 3
This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score, anthology. 58 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA10900_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA10900).
ISBN 9790006562701. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Language: German/English.
This album is a special edition not only due to its very affordable price but also because it features a cross section of Bärenreiter’s extensive piano catalogue.
The pieces and movements range from the 18th century through to the first decades of the 20th century. During these approximately 200 years keyboard playing developed considerably and together with the unstoppable rise of the pianoforte since the end of the 18th century, it became hugely popular.
The fifteen composers who are represented in this edition have each, in their inimitable way, shaped the possibilities of sound and playing techniques of this instrument in their works. In our piano collection you will find compositions from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Early Modern eras. The pieces also vary in national style and range from low through to high technical difficulty.
An appetizer for our Urtext editions – give it a try!
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding