Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
SKU: HL.51480038 Piano Solo Softcover Edition
. Composed by Johannes Brahms. Edited by Walter Georgii. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 8. Classical. Softcover. 130 pages. G. Henle #HN38. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480038).
ISBN 9790201800387. UPC: 884088172466. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Brahms' first piano works deal with the classical form of the sonata. The Scherzo op. 4 belongs to this context inasmuch as it can be considered as an independent sonata movement. However, with the melody of the Old German Minnelied “Verstohlen geht der Mond auf” used for the slow movement of the first sonata, and the lines from a poem by Sternau that preface the second movement of the Sonata op. 5, Brahms also proclaims his allegiance to Romanticism. The push-and-pull between Classicism and Romanticism then becomes clearly audible in the opp. 1, 2, 4 and 5. In contrast, the Ballades op. 10, written just barely a year after the Sonata op.5, are thorougly romantic piano pieces. The best known is certainly no. 1, based on the Scottish ballad Edward from Herder's “Stimmen der Völker.&rdquo.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.