Piano (Piano solo) - Henle Level 2-8
Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Christa Jost and Ullrich Scheideler. Arranged by Andreas Groethuysen and Hans-Martin Theopold. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 7. Classical. Softcover. 264 pages. G. Henle #HN861. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480861).
ISBN 9790201808611. UPC: 884088409562. 9.25x12.25x0.796 inches.
2009 was Mendelssohn's anniversary year and that occasioned Henle to publish in addition to the already existing “Songs without Words” (HL 51480327), nearly all of his piano compostitions in two new extensive volumes (HL 51480860 and HL 51480861). All of the works have been meticulously revised and extensive commentaries reflect the latest in scholarly research. Thus we are able to offer a comprehensive Urtext edition of Mendelssohn's piano works that is unique in this form. It replaces our previous volume of selected works (HL 51480281). In addition, Mendelssohn's piano works that are most often played (op. 14, 16, 54 and 72) are also available in affordable single editions.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)