Piano Solo (Piano Solo) - Henle Level 9
SKU: HL.51481264 Piano Solo
. Composed by Sergei Rachmaninoff. Edited by Dominik Rahmer, Hamelin, and Marc-André. Arranged by Marc-Andre Hamelin. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical, Russian. Paperbound. G. Henle #HN1264. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481264).
ISBN 9790201812649. UPC: 888680079536. 9.25x12.0x0.074 inches.
Between 1914 and 1917, Sergei Rachmaninoff published two volumes of Études-Tableaux – a term coined by the composer with which he succeeded in expressing the blend of technical studies with programmatic character pieces. As with the concert etudes of Chopin or Liszt, they represent a technical and interpretational touchstone for every pianist. One of the best-known pieces amongst them is the Étude-Tableau in E-flat minor with its dark towering chords and a weaving elegiac melody, such as only Rachmaninoff could write – so it is hardly surprising that none other than Vladimir Horowitz regularly performed the work in his concerts and recorded it several times.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)