SATB choir and piano accompaniment ((Soprano solo, Alto solo, Tenor solo, Bass solo), Mixed choir (SATB), (Organ)) - Level 3
Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Michael Cooper. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Urtext Edition. Classical Period, Choral and Sacred. Vocal score. With introductory text. Opus 69. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08937_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08937).
ISBN 9790006529018. UPC: 9790006529010. 9x12 inches. Text Language: English, German. Preface: John Michael Cooper.
Mendelssohn’s Three Motets, op. 69, and Three Psalm Settings, op. 78, belong to the standard repertoire of many choruses and vocal ensembles. Our editions, the work of two leading Mendelssohn specialists, Hiromi Hoshino and Michael Cooper, present these pieces in separate volumes reflecting the latest state of scholarly research.
We also offer a separate edition of Psalm 91, “For He shall give His angels charge”, in its original setting for eight-part a cappella chorus. (Mendelssohn later incorporated it into “Elijah” with an orchestral accompaniment).
Each edition contains the original German text and the English translation authorized by the composer himself.
A two-stave reduction of the vocal parts has been added as an aid in rehearsal. Complete editions are available with critical reports and introductions in German and English.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding