Variations for Piano and Violoncello op. 66, WoO 45, WoO 46
Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Jonathan Del Mar. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Score, part(s), anthology. Opus 66, WoO 45, WoO 46. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09028. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09028).
Item Number: BA.BA09028
ISBN 9790006529162. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text Language: English/German. Preface: Jonathan Del Mar.
Beethoven's three sets of cello variations comprise the"Twelve Variations on a Theme from Handel's Oratorio 'Judas Maccabeus'"(WoO 45), the"Twelve Variations on the theme 'Ein Madchen oder Weibchen'"(op.66) from Mozart's opera"Die Zauberflote"and the"Seven Variations on the duet 'Bei Mannern, welche Liebe fuhlen'"(WoO 46), also from"Die Zauberflote".
These works have existed in many different editions, some of which have from time to time been (tacitly) reprinted with corrections to keep up to date with the latest scholarship. This new Barenreiter Urtext edition, however, is the first to give all Beethoven's rhythms in the violoncello part correctly. Beethoven's autograph manuscript of op.66 is lost; the critical commentary (English) includes a complete facsimile of the violoncello part from the only surviving source (the first edition), illustrating the various problems encountered in determining the best musical text.
- With numerous corrections in the violoncello part
- Included in the critical commentary is a complete facsimile of the violoncello
part of op. 66, as it appeared in the first edition
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Variations for Piano and Violoncello op. 66, WoO 45, WoO 46 Also Bought: