There are currently no items in your cart.
Tierisch Barock - When Animals talk
By Buyken, Das Kolner Barockensemble, Dolce, Meiners, Piskorz, Quintavalle, and Richard Wagner. By Robert Orme, William Williams, Heinrich Ignaz Franz von Biber (1644-1704), Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741), Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1757), Giovanni Battista Buonamente, Maurizio Cazzati (1620-1677), Nicola Matteis, Marco Uccellini (1603-1680), and Tarquinio Merula. Classical. CD. Published by Naxos (NX.TXA15062).
Item Number: NX.TXA15062
This title lives up to its expectations. It's an album full of baroque music, full of animal voices and thus full of baroque aesthetics and fascination.
Nel Dolce approaches the topic of "man, animal and music" through a multifaceted selection of compositions of the early and the high baroque showing the musical study of the animal kingdom in the most diverse ways possible. Compositions featuring a connection with animals started emerging from the mid-1500's on.
Featured composers include Domenico Scarlatti, Antonio Vivaldi, William Williams, Giovanni Battista Buonamente and Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber.
Consisting of Stephanie Buyken, Olga Piskorz, Harm Meiners, and Luca Quintavalle, the Nel Dolce ensemble is known for its marriage of refreshing virtuosity and infectious enthusiasm with accurate historical performance practice.
Joining the quartet on recorder and oboe is Philipp Wagner, who has played these instruments with orchestras including L'Orfeo Barockorchester and Salzburger Hofmusik. Philipp has participated in various masterclasses with Matthias Weilenmann, Ryohei Hirose, Alfredo Bernardini, Paul Dombrecht and Antoine Torunczyk.
- 01-03. Sonate, arie et correnti, Op. 3 Composed by Marco Uccellini
- 04. Canzoni overo Sonate concertate per chiesa e camera, book 3, Op. 12 Composed by Tarquinio Merula
- 05. Il quarto Libro de varie sonate Composed by Giovanni Battista Buonamente
- 06-08. Sonate Op. 55: Sonata prima
- 09-17. Sonata Violino Solo Representativa, C. 146 Composed by Heinrich Ignaz Franz Von Biber
- 18-20. The Imitation of several Birds Composed by Robert Orme
- 21-22. Second Book of Aire's in 3 Parts Composed by Nicola Matteis
- 23-26. Sonata in Imitation of Birds Composed by William Williams
- 27. Sonate g-Moll k. 30 fur Cembalo, bekannt als Fuga del gatto Composed by Domenico Scarlatti
- 28-30. Il gardellino Composed by Antonio Vivaldi