There are currently no items in your cart.
String Quartets Volume 2
String Quartet (Study Score)
Early Viennese Quartets Study Score. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Wolf-Dieter Seiffert. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. G. Henle #HN7121. Published by G. Henle (HL.51487121).
Item Number: HL.51487121
After Volumes IV and III of the series with Mozart's complete string quartets appeared as Henle Urtext editions in early 2017 and 2019 respectively, Mozart expert Wolf-Dieter Seiffert now presents Volume II. Included are the “Early Viennese Quartets” from 1773, K. 168-173. Entries in the autograph manuscript by the composer's father Leopold, however, suggest that the ordering of the six works into a unified series of quartets was his doing. In his preface, Wolf-Dieter Seiffert shares brand-new findings on the actual chronology of the genesis of these quartets. Moreover, he succeeds in correcting what in prior editions were occasional inaccuracies in dynamics and articulation, thereby producing a new, assured musical text. With artistic input from the Armida Quartet, Volume II of the String Quartets also sets the benchmark in the Mozart Edition!
String Quartet in F Major, K. 168
String Quartet in A Major, K. 169
String Quartet in C Major, K. 170
String Quartet in E-flat Major, K. 171
String Quartet in B-flat Major, K. 172
String Quartet in D minor, K. 173.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
Customers Who Bought String Quartets Volume 2 Also Bought:
Top Selling Cello Sheet Music