Mandolin - Intermediate-Advanced
Composed by Dan Gelo. Perfect binding, Solos. Acoustic Music. Book/CD Set. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20024BCD).
Item Number: MB.20024BCD
ISBN 9780786661268. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This collection of vibrant traditional and original tunes captures the variety of mandolin styles in America. The styles represented include old time country and bluegrass, ragtime, swing, Irish, Italian, and neoclassical. Some of the techniques explored are cross-picking, droning, voice-leading, double stops, and pull-offs. Of special interest are tunes that make use of the chord solo potential of the mandolin. A discussion of each tune provides lively commentary on the history and players behind the style, an outline of the arranging and composing ideas that are employed, and tips for practicing and honing technique. Tunes are shown in notation and tablature, and a CD is included. This is the perfect anthology for intermediate and advanced players who want to build their skills while expanding their range of styles.
- Agrigento Performed by Dan Gelo
- Angel Dance Performed by Dan Gelo
- Big Sciota Performed by Arr. Dan Gelo
- Carraroe/Fraine a'Phoill's Jigs Performed by Arr. Dan Gelo
- Double-Talkin' Blues Performed by Dan Gelo
- Father's Day Performed by Dan Gelo
- Homage to Faure Performed by Dan Gelo
- Jethritis Performed by Dan Gelo
- Maverick Creek Performed by Dan Gelo
- Miller's Reel Performed by Arr. Dan Gelo
- Pizzicato Rag Performed by Dan Gelo
- Raritan Ride Performed by Dan Gelo
- Southern Railroad Locomotive Blues Performed by Dan Gelo
- Uncle Dave Medley Performed by Dan Gelo
Customers Who Bought Mandolin Sampler Also Bought: