Keyboard Works attributed to J. S. Bach
Organ, piano, harpsichord
Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Ulrich Bartels and Frieder Rempp. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Urtext edition. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA05249. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA05249).
Item Number: BA.BA05249
ISBN 9790006535811. 31 x 24.5 cm inches.
This edition complements the volume of Keyboard Works of Doubtful Authenticity (BA 5250).
It contains works which have survived bearing Johann Sebastian Bach's name or were later attributed to Bach, but where Bach has been ruled out as composer in the opinion of the editors on stylistic grounds or following a critical examination of the sources. But having said that, it is hard to be negative about these compositions which are of a consistently high quality. Furthermore this is largely unknown repertoire; almost half of the pieces in the volume are previously unpublished. As a result, this edition invites curious and open-minded musicians on a voyage of discovery.
- Critical edition based on the guidelines of the"New Bach Edition"
- Largely unknown repertoire with several works published as first editions
- Foreword (Ger/Eng) and detailed Critical Commentary (Ger/Eng)
"In fact this is perfect source material for student editions and Interpreters, training them to think and 'play Baroque' without the usual printed help, and in guaranteed-unfamiliar music. Rewarding albums."
(Music Teachers, Sept. 09)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
- Sarabande g-Moll BWV 839
- Fuge a-Moll BWV 897/2
- Praludium und Fuge B-Dur uber den Namen Bach BWV 898
- Fantasie g-Moll BWV 920
- Fuge e-Moll BWV 945
- Fue e-Moll BWV 960 (Fragment)
- Suite F-Dur BWV Anh. 80
- Gigue G-Dur Anh. 81
- Fantasie c-Moll BWV ANh. 86
- Fantasie C-Dur BWV Anh. 87: Erste Fassung / First Version, Zweite Fassung / Second version
- Fuge C-Dur BWV Anh. 89
- Fuge e-Moll BWV Anh. 95
- Fuga G-Dur BWV Anh. 91
- Fuga e-Moll BWV Anh. 93
- Fuge G-Dur BWV Anh. 92
- Fuge D-Dur BWV Anh. 96
- Fuge d-Moll BWV Anh. 98
- Fuge d-Moll BWV Anh. 99
- Fuge d-Moll BWV Anh. 100
- Fuge d-Moll BWV Anh. 100 - Variante / Alternative version
- Fuge es-Moll BWV Anh. 102
- Drei Fugen uber B A C H:
- 1. Fuge C-Dur BWV Anh. 107
- 2. Fuge C-Dur BWV Anh. 108: Fassung a / Version a, Fassung b / Version b
- 3. Fuge c-Moll BWV Anh. 110
- Contrapunctus alla Decima. B A C H BWV Anh. 109
- Largo und Allegro BWv Anh. 111
- Fuge d-Moll BWV Anh. 180
- Fuge C-Dur BWV deest
- Fuge c-Moll BWV deest
- Fuge h-Moll BWV deest
- Critical Commentary
Customers Who Bought Keyboard Works attributed to J. S. Bach Also Bought: