Strings Double Bass, Piano Accompaniment (Double Bass and Piano)
Double Bass and Piano. Composed by Karl Ditters Von Dittersdorf (1739-1799). Edited by Tobias Glockler. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = VIII and 36 * DB Part (Book 1) = 10 * DB Part (Book 2). Classical. Softcover. 70 pages. G. Henle #HN759. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480759).
Item Number: HL.51480759
ISBN 9790201807591. 9.25x12.25 inches.
With this cornerstone of the double bass repertoire we continue a still young but important part of our catalogue. This musically-charming work, full of technical trickery, is with justification demanded time and again as a test piece or set piece for competitions. In order to accommodate the “Viennese tuning” used at the time, we also provide a solo part in fret notation. The piano part in D major and E major (!) can be used to accompany the doublebass part either in its solo or orchestral version. As an alternative to the familiar cadenzas by Sperger, editor Tobias Glöckler has added two further tuneful and stylistically-appropriate cadenzas of his own.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)