Guitar, Violin (Violin and Guitar)
Violin and Guitar. Composed by Nicolo Paganini (1782-1840). Edited by Alberto Cantu and Renato de Barbieri. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = VI and 32 * Guitar Part = 20. Classical. Softcover. 60 pages. G. Henle #HN473. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480473).
Item Number: HL.51480473
ISBN 9790201804736. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Nicoló Paganini numbers among the few musicians who attained fame by playing and writing for only a single instrument. His works for violin solo are unique, and his apperances as virtuoso fascinated audiences from the very beginning. Yet, in addition to the violin, Paganini also learned to play the guitar as a child. And before travelling throughout the world he must have got to know the Genoese song “Barucaba” in is hometown of Genoa, writing his op. 14 Variations for violin and guitar upon this song in 1835. We were able to engage musicologist Alberto Cantu and violinist Renato De Barbieri as editors of our Urtext edition of this chamber music work. Barbieri's helpful fingerings in the violin part round off the edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)