Solo voices, choir, orchestra (6Soprano Voice Solo, 3Knabenvoicemmen, 4Tenor Voice Solo, 5Bass Voice Solo, 4speaker, Mixed choir, Fl-Picc, 2 Fl, 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 BaHn, 2 bassoon, 2 Hn, 2 Trp, 3trombone, timpani, Glsp, Str)
German opera in 2 acts. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Gernot Gruber, Alfred Orel, and Heinz Moehn. This edition: complete edition, urtext edition. Linen. Score. K. 620. Duration 3 hours. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA04553-01. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA04553-01).
Item Number: BA.BA04553-01
ISBN 9790006450497. 33.2 x 26.3 cm inches. Text: Schikaneder, Emanuel.
This new vocal score is based on the Urtext score from the"New Mozart Edition"(NMA II/5/19) edited by Gernot Gruber and Alfred Orel as well as on the latest scholarly research from the Critical Commentary by Rudolf Faber published in 2006.
The Magic Flute remains Mozart's most popular opera worldwide to this day. Schikaneder's Freihaustheater auf der Wieden was a theatre in the suburbs of Vienna . It was a kind of people's theatre with a corresponding repertoire and its attraction for the public was due not least to the use of spectacular stage effects. The concept 'machine-comedy' refers to the theatrical genre to which"The Magic Flute"owes its origins, and to which the work originally belonged. The premiere was given on 30 September 1791, conducted by Mozart.
With this new edition, Barenreiter has now published vocal scores to all Mozart's stage works in revised or new editions. These editions offer a historically grounded working basis and will be decisive for Mozart reception for the forthcoming decades.
- Vocal score based on the Urtext of the"New Mozart Edition"
- Incorporates latest scholarly findings from the Critical Commentary of 2006
- Clear and legible music layout, easy-to-play piano reduction
- Extensive foreword in two languages (Ger/Eng) by Dietrich Berke with notes on the work and performance practice
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding