Solo piano and orchestra (piano solo/2 flutes/2 oboes/2 clarinets/2 bassoons/2 horns/2 violins/viola/cello/contrabass)
For Pianoforte and Orchestra, op. 37. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Jonathan Del Mar. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Score. Opus 37, No. 3. Duration 34 minutes. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA9023).
Item Number: BA.BA9023
ISBN 9790006522996. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches. Key: C minor. Text Language: English/German. Preface: Jonathan Del Mar.
Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 3 is the only concerto where no authentic manuscript exists for the solo part. The autograph of the score is available whereby the articulation, dynamics and pedal markings are for the most part absent. However, Beethoven oversaw the first printed edition of the solo part (1804) with great diligence. Plate corrections bear witness to the care with which Beethoven placed slurs and pedal markings in order to be consistent and unambiguous.
By means of a thorough examination of the sources this new Urtext edition presents many corrections in terms of articulation, dynamics and notes. In particular, the orchestral parts have been corrected for the first time since Beethoven's lifetime.
* Urtext edition reflecting the latest musicological research
* With many corrections in the solo part and orchestral parts
* Piano reduction with a separate solo piano part
* A must for pianists, orchestras and Beethoven scholars.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source descrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding