2 soprano voice solos, mezzo-soprano voice solo, 2 alto voice solos, tenor voice solo, bass voice solo, piano (2 Soprano Voice Solo, Mezzo-Soprano Voice Solo, 2 Alto Voice Solo, Tenor Voice Solo, Bass Voice Solo, 2 recorder, 2 Ob, 2 Hn, 3V, Va, Bassi(Vc, double bass, bassoon, Lt-Ba, harpisc.))
Opera in 3 acts. Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Michael Pacholke. Arranged by Andreas Kohs. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Vocal score. HWV 36. Duration 45 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA04100-90. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA04100-90).
Item Number: BA.BA04100-90
ISBN 9790006542802. 27 x 19 cm inches. Language: Italian ,German. Translation: Peter Brenner. Text: Salvi, Antonio.
Antonio Salvi'sArminiois one of the best-loved operatic librettos of the Baroque period.
Against the historical background of the so-calledBattle of the Teutoburg Forestin 9 AD in which the Cherusci leader Arminius asLiberator of Germany(Tacitus) inflicted a devastating defeat on the Romans, Handel's opera, first performed in 1737, is about the disputes between the Chatti and the Cherusci. Arminius has married the daughter of his arch-enemy Segestes. When he is imprisoned, Segestes, who has conspired with the Romans, sees his opportunity for revenge.
* Urtext edition based on theHalle Handel Edition
* Libretto in Italian with singable German translation
* Comprehensive foreword (Ger/Eng) with important information on the history of the libretto as well as on the genesis and the performance history of the work. A detailed resume of the plot is also contained.
* Extensive appendix with richly ornamented versions of two arias
* Idiomatic piano reduction
* First performance in Halle in 2014