Violin, cello, piano
Composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897). Edited by Christopher Hogwood. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Performance score, set of parts. Opus 87. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA9436).
Item Number: BA.BA9436
ISBN 9790006541102. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches. Text Language: English/German. Preface: Christopher Hogwood.
Barenreiter's new scholarly-critical edition of op. 87 edited by Christopher Hogwood is based on the score and parts from the first edition; where necessary he also consulted the autograph. The first edition parts were engraved after the manuscript parts and not after the score. Here the readings of the legato phrasing and the dynamics more accurately reflect the composer's intentions than in the first edition score.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding