Piano - Level 4
Composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897). Edited by Christian Kohn. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score. Opus 10. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09601. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09601).
Item Number: BA.BA09601
ISBN 9790006541133. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Christian Kohn.
The instrumental ballad was a popular musical form in the 19th century and these four pieces for piano are Brahms's only contribution to the genre. The composer wrote the ballades during the time of his close friendship with Clara Schumann, and they exude an intimacy more typical of a vocal ballad. The pieces, which Schumann enthusiastically praised, were described by Brahms as being"not too difficult to play and even less difficult to understand."
Brahms's Ballades op. 10 form an integral part of the advanced piano literature. This publication represents a valuable addition to the repertoire of Brahms's piano works in Barenreiter Urtext editions. The fingering by Brahms specialist Christian Kohn, the clear notation and optimum page turns fulfil the requirements of a practical performing edition. A detailed foreword with information on performance practice, the compositional process, sources and the significance of the work completes the edition.
- Urtext edition based on all known sources and current research
- Well-presented musical layout with optimum page turns
- With fingering and suggestions for performance practice (Eng/Ger)
- With fold-out page for an easy page turn
- With an informative foreword (Eng/Ger) and critical commentary (Eng)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding