Strings Cello, Piano Accompaniment (Violoncello, Piano)
Revised Edition With Marked and Unmarked String Parts. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Jens Dufner. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. rec. DipABRM since 2005: DipABRSM -- rec. FRSM since 2005: FRSM -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended -- TCL 2016 Grade: 7, 8 -- TCL 2016 remarks: rec. 7 (2016-2019). Classical. Solo part (softcover) and accompaniment. 266 pages. G. Henle #HN894. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480894).
Item Number: HL.51480894
ISBN 9790201808949. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Alongside Bach's Solo Suites, a further highlight for cellists are Beethoven's five Cello Sonatas. They were published between 1797 and 1817 and thus cover a large part of Beethoven's compositional lifetime, mirroring important stages of his musical development. Our revised edition incorporates the findings contained in the critical report of the Beethoven Complete Edition which was compiled at the same time. The Urtext edition has been re-engraved, but the proven page layout of the previous edition has been preserved. The renowned cellist David Geringas provided completely new fingerings and bowings for the cello part, which also has excellent page turns. An unmarked Urtext part is also included.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)