Orchestra (Fl, Ob1, Ob2 , bassoon1, bassoon2 , Hn-Co1, Hn-Co2 , V1, V2 , Va, Vc, double bass)
Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Edited by Hiroshi Nakano. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Score. Hob. I:83. Duration 24 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA04687. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA04687).
Item Number: BA.BA04687
ISBN 9790006533954. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Key: G minor.
»Irony and Humour« two key words that well describe this unique work in Haydn's Paris cycle.
Being the only work in the set posed in a minor key, its sombre character juxtaposed against the near comic Poule theme in the first movement makes this work a concert hall favourite.
- Large format parts
- Informative Preface (German/English)
- Urtext of the Haydn Complete Edition
- Complements the already available Paris symphonies nos. 85 and 87
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding