Soprano voice, alto voice, piano
For Soprano, Alto, Strings and Basso Continuo. Composed by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736). Edited by Malcolm Bruno; Caroline Ritchie. Arranged by Malcolm Bruno. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Piano reduction. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA7679-90).
Item Number: BA.BA7679-90
ISBN 9790006528905. 27 x 19 cm inches. Language: Latin, Text Language: English/German. Preface: Malcolm Bruno/Caroline Ritchie.
The Stabat mater, composed shortly before Pergolesi's untimely death at the early age of 26, quickly attracted attention. The work's importance was soon so great that none other than Johann Sebastian Bach performed a German version of the work based on the 51st Psalm. Numerous copies, prints and arrangements attest to the work's vast popularity, a popularity that still exists today.For the present edition, the autograph was for the first time compared to a very early Neapolitan score that is presumably based on the parts from the work's premiere. The findings have influenced the musical text; details are described in the critical commentary.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding