Piano Mandolin, Piano (Mandolin and Piano)
SKU: HL.51480499 Mandolin and Piano
. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven. Edited by Armin Raab. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical Period. Collection and set of performance parts (softcover). With introductory text and fingerings. 27 pages. G. Henle #HN499. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480499).
ISBN 9790201804996. UPC: 9790201804996. 9x12 inches.
The chamber music combination of mandolin and piano has a special tonal charm: the silvery sound of the mandolin blends in an entirely unique manner with the piano. In around 1800, these timbres inspired composers such as Beethoven and Hummel to compose for this unusual ensemble. During his sojourn in Prague in 1796, Beethoven wrote a number of such pieces for Countess Josephine von Clary-Aldringen, who played the mandolin. Sweetness and playful esprit present themselves here in many facets. Since Beethoven did not use any mandolin-specific turns of phrase, and since he wrote here for an instrument with G-D-A-E tuning, these works are also readily playable on the violin. This Henle Urtext edition of Beethoven's works for mandolin and piano offers the musical tex of the Beethoven Complete Edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)