Strings Cello; Piano (Violoncello and Piano)
SKU: HL.51480621 Cello and Piano
. Composed by Antonin Dvorak. Edited by Milan Pospisil. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. TCL 2016 Grade: 8. Classical. Softcover. 18 pages. G. Henle #HN621. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480621).
ISBN 9790201806211. UPC: 884088177416. 9.25x12.25x0.08 inches.
Dvorák had previously written solo music for Hanus Wihan, later the dedicatee of his cello concerto. When he was planning a trio concert tour for 1892 with Wihan and violinist Ferdinand Lachner and needed further works for cello and piano, he reworked “Silent Woods” for cello and piano during the Christmas holidays of 1891. Originally a four-hand piano piece from his cycle “From the Bohemian Forest”, the cantabile character piece became a popular recital item owing to its sonorous cello sound. Dvorák later arranged it as an effective concert piece for violoncello and orchestra. The first edition of 1894 is the basis for editor and Dvorák specialist Milan Pospisil's Urtext edition for violoncello and piano.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)