Organ, piano, harpsichord
Composed by Girolamo Frescobaldi. Edited by Christopher Stembridge and Kenneth Gilbert. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Girolamo Frescobaldi. Organ and Keyboard Works 1.2 | BARENREITER URTEXT. Neuausgabe. Performance score, anthology. 136 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08412_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08412).
ISBN 9790006506224. 24 x 30.5 cm inches.
Girolamo Frescobaldi’s music strongly influenced composers such as Froberger, Buxtehude, J. S. Bach and Muffat. Bärenreiter is now complementing the long-standing Pidoux edition with an Urtext edition in six volumes which sets a new standard. It offers both professional musicians and enthusiasts an unrivalled musical text which will satisfy practical requirements whilst at the same time providing comprehensive information on all currently known sources and the history of the works. This Urtext edition of the organ and keyboard works has been edited by the renowned specialists Christopher Stembridge and Kenneth Gilbert.
Vol. I.2 includes the toccatas and partita movements from the first edition published in Rome by Nicolò Borboni. Each volume in the new Frescobaldi edition contains a critical commentary as well as an introduction de scribing the genesis of the works, situation regarding sources and performance practice.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding