Wind Instruments Flute (Flute solo) - Henle Level 6
SKU: HL.51480496 La flute de Pan
. Composed by Claude Debussy. Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Rec. DipABRM since 2005: DipABRSM -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended -- TCL 2016 Grade: 8. Impressionistic. Flute solo single (softcover). With introductory text. 5 pages. G. Henle #HN496. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480496).
ISBN 9790201804965. UPC: 884088176891. 9x12 inches.
Syrinx is undoubtedly among the works that are immediately associated with Debussy. The piece, which was given its first performance under the title La flûte de Pan, was composed in 1913 as incidental music to a dramatic poem by Gabriel Mourey. In the central scene Pan is playing a reed flute, which is actually the nymph Syrinx. Pan is, however, invisible to the other nymphs and to the audience. In order to reflect the staged situation, the dedicatee Louis Fleury used to play the piece behind a screen when he played it in concert. It was only published by Jobert in 1927, following Debussy's death; its popularity has remained unsurpassed to this day.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)