SKU: BA.BA09513 Sonatas 25-37
. Composed by Leopold Kozeluch. Edited by Christopher Hogwood. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Leopold Kozeluch. Complete Sonatas for Keyboard III. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09513_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09513).
ISBN 9790260105034. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text Language: English/Czech/German. Preface: Christopher Hogwood.
In 1790, during the lifetime of Mozart and Haydn, Ernst Ludwig Gerber wrote of Koželuch in his famous handbook for musicians, “without opposition, by young and old, (…) generally the best-loved composer alive today”. His works display “liveliness and grace, the noblest of melodies with the purest of harmonies, and a pleasing organisation of rhythm and modulation.”
Until now, pianists have had little chance to acquaint themselves with the complete range of Koželuch’s sonatas since very few modern editions were available. For the first time, this new complete edition by Christopher Hogwood presents all of Koželuch’s sonatas for keyboard solo. The four volumes each contain 12 to 13 sonatas, and the works are presented chronologically according to the date of their first publication. Volume IV will contain those sonatas that are found only in hand-written sources.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding