Soprano solo voice, alto solo voice, tenor solo voice, bass solo voice, SATB choir and piano accompaniment (Soprano Voice Solo, Alto Voice Solo, Tenor Voice Solo, Bass Voice Solo, SATB Choir , 2 BaHn, 2 bassoon, 2 Trp, 3trombone, timpani, 2 V, Va, Continuo(Vc, Basso, Org)) - Difficulty: medium-difficult
SKU: BA.BA04538-90 The Requiem, completed by Franz Xaver Süßmayr, in its traditional form
. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Edited by Heinz Moehn and Leopold Nowak. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Classical Period and Sacred. Vocal score. With choral notation and piano reduction. K. 626. 80 pages. Duration 55 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA04538_90. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA04538-90).
ISBN 9790006450152. 7.5x10.5 inches. Key: D minor. Text Language: Latin. Preface: Christoph Wolff.
Mozart's fragment with additions by Joseph Eybler and Franz Xaver Sussmayr.
Mozartâ€™s final work, the Requiem K. 626, was left incomplete.
The completion of the fragmentary score by his assistant Franz Xaver SÃ¼ssmayr, who helped him with The Magic Flute, has the character of a historical source with utmost closeness to Mozartâ€™s thoughts.
The completed Requiem score, published in the New Mozart Edition, serves as the basis for this vocal score edition which now appears in a revised form and newly engraved. Minor corrections have been made to the musical text, the vocal parts have been made easier to read and the piano accompaniment easier to play.
Christoph Wolff, an authoritative Requiem connoisseur has supplied a Foreword with a clear and concise account of the workâ€™s genesis and its musical features.
What makes this new edition so special?
* The vocal score has been newly engraved with a generous layout.
* The pagination has been adopted from the previous edition. This means that you can rehearse and perform this work with some singers using this new edition and some the old BÃ¤renreiter edition.
* This new vocal score includes a revised piano reduction: The old Moehn piano reduction has been maintained, but corrected and uncluttered; on the whole the new piano reduction is easier to read and to play.
* The vocal score is fully compatible with all existing performance material (BA 4538).
* A more exact spacing of underlaid words has been included in the vocal parts.
* The text appears in a slightly larger type size.
* The vocal score now contains a Foreword (Ger/Eng) by authoritative Requiem connoisseur Christoph Wolff describing the workâ€™s genesis and its musical features; this text is interesting and accessible not only to professionals but also to amateurs and music lovers.
* Apart from corrections the musical text remains unchanged.