Organ - Difficulty: medium
SKU: BA.BA08197 Six Sonatas op.65
. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn. Edited by Christoph Albrecht. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy. New Edition of the Complete Organ Works 2 | BARENREITER URTEXT. Classical Period. Organ solo book. With organ notation. Op. 65. 86 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08197_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08197).
ISBN 9790006489251. 9x12 inches.
Together with Volume One published at the end of 1993, this volume will contain for the first time all the organ works of Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy (1809-1847) in a practical new edition. Many works previously thought to be missing are included. Mendelssohn's compositions, while technically of intermediate difficulty, combine in an exceptional way the desired baroque ideal with classic-romantic lyricism and expression.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding