Revised Edition Violin, Cello and Piano (Violin, Violoncello and Piano)
Composed by Maurice Ravel. Edited by Pascal Rogé and Peter Jost. Arranged by Pascal Roge. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. No distribution rights in France. Classical. Softcover. 103 pages. G. Henle #HN972. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480972).
ISBN 9790201809724. UPC: 884088674694. 10.0x12.75x0.333 inches.
As with all of his mature chamber music works Ravel also emerges as an innovator of traditional forms and techniques in his piano trio, composed in 1914. Thus the “Passacaglia” movement corresponds to the underlying form of the Baroque Period. The music on the other hand was, according to Ravel, “like that of Saint-Saëns,” which was surely meant ironically. For the historicizing template only served as a framework for experiments with musical idiom: from a constant oscillation between major and minor to combinations and overlaying of the most diverse metres. The fingering for our edition of this technically extremely demanding work was provided by the renowned French pianist Pascal Rogé.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)