Organ, piano, harpsichord - Level 3
Composed by Girolamo Frescobaldi. Edited by Christopher Stembridge and Kenneth Gilbert. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Girolamo Frescobaldi. Organ and Keyboard Works III | BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08414_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08414).
ISBN 9790006506248. 24 x 30.5 cm inches. Language: German/English. Preface: Christopher Stembridge.
With this volume, Bärenreiter is continuing the Frescobaldi Urtext edition which sets new standards offering professional musicians, musicologists and enthusiasts alike an unrivalled musical text.
Volume III includes Frescobaldi’s foreword on the performance of his keyboard music (“avvertimenti”), eleven toccatas for organ, the “madrigale passagiatio” “Ancidetemi pur d’Archadelt” (in addition Arcadelt’s madrigal of the same name in the Appendix), six canzonas, strictly contrapuntal hymns and Magnificat settings primarily intended for organists, five galliards and six correntes, the “Aria detta La Frescobalda” and three partitas.
Each volume contains an introduction which describes the genesis of the works, the situation regarding sources, performance practice as well as the editorial technique employed. A critical commentary rounds off each volume.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding