Saxophone Duet - Grade 4
SKU: AP.30676 Featuring Gordon Goodwin and Eric Marienthal
. Composed by Gordon Goodwin with Eric Marienthal. Series; Woodwind - Saxophone Duet. Jazz Duet Series. Jazz. Book and Digital Download. 76 pages. Alfred Music #00-30676. Published by Alfred Music (AP.30676).
ISBN 9780739061121. UPC: 038081356808. English.
Attention saxophone players -- do you need a challenging duet book?
Composed and arranged by Gordon Goodwin at the medium-advanced to advanced level, these 10 saxophone duets are completely interchangeable for any combination of E-flat or B-flat saxophones. You can play with a duet partner or use the recording to play duets with great saxophonists Gordon Goodwin (tenor sax) or Eric Marienthal (alto sax). Also included is TNT 2 software which lets you mute either part so that you can play along. TNT 2 also allows you to slow the tempo down for practice.
Includes 10 exciting Gordon Goodwin tunes: Act Your Age * Count Bubba's Revenge * El Macho Muchacho * Gumbo Street * Hunting Wabbits * The Jazz Police * La Pequeña Almeja * Maynard & Waynard * Swingin' for the Fences * There's the Rub
* Improve your jazz concept, articulation, time, intonation and sight-reading
* Duets are playable with any combination of E-flat or B-flat saxophones (requires two books)
* Gordon Goodwin plays the tenor sax on Duet Part 1 and Part 2
* Eric Marienthal plays the alto sax on Duet Part 1 and Part 2
* Gordon and Eric play together on Duet Part 1 and Part 2
* Play with a duet partner or with TNT 2 by muting one of the parts
* Opportunities to improvise too!