Piano, orchestra (piano-solo, Fl, 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 2 Hn, 2 Trp, timpani, 2 Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven. Edited by Jonathan Del Mar. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. Opus 15. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09021_00. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09021).
ISBN 9790006542987. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches. Key: C major. Language: English/German. Preface: Jonathan Del Mar.
New findings in Beethoven’s first piano concerto
The Bärenreiter editor and Beethoven expert Jonathan Del Mar who has received international acclaim for his highly successful editions of Beethoven’s works now turns his focus on the piano concertos.
In the Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major op. 15, Del Mar has found no less than 17 corrections in Beethoven’s autograph which were made after the work was published. These have been brought to light in this new Bärenreiter edition. A detailed critical commentary documents all the sources and findings made by the editor.
This new critical edition sets the highest scholarly standards without losing sight of the needs of modern performers.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding