Wind Instruments Clarinet; Piano Accompaniment (Clarinet and piano)
SKU: HL.51480987 Clarinet and Piano (Revised Edition)
. Composed by Johannes Brahms. Edited by Egon Voss and Johannes Behr. Arranged by Klaus Schilde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Revised edition, replaces HN 274. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 5.8 -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: rec., 2014-2017 -- TCL 2016 Grade: 7, 8. Classical. Softcover. 92 pages. G. Henle #HN987. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480987).
ISBN 9790201809878. UPC: 888680013196. 9.25x12.0x0.29 inches. Eds. Egon Voss, Joahannes Behr; fing.: Klaus Schilde.
In 1894 Johannes Brahms asked the clarinettist Richard Muhlfeld to visit him during his beloved summer sojourn in Ischl, adding 'It would be really wonderful if you brought your B flat clarinet with you, and if you were in no great hurry' - for the two Sonatas op. 120 were waiting to be rehearsed. The first performances were given privately directly afterwards and the press enthusiastically reported: 'The sonatas [...] are wonderful and will cause a great sensation'. Henle's edition of this work, today part of the clarinettist's core repertoire, continues the revision of Brahms's Duo Sonatas following the text in the new Brahms Complete Edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)