An Essential Resource for Educators, Conductors & Students. Meredith Music Resource. Softcover. 184 pages. Published by Meredith Music (HL.151383).
Item Number: HL.151383
ISBN 1574634364. 9x12 inches.
This book was designed for use in a one or two semester heterogeneous college woodwind methods class or as a quick reference manual for school band and orchestra directors. It provides concise descriptions including instrument similarities and differences, breath support, reed adjustment and transposition. Includes:
• Instrument assembly, embouchure, hand position and articulation
• Carefully detailed fingering charts with clearly detailed primary fingerings and explanation of selected alternate fingerings and trill fingerings
• Progressive musical exercises/compositions, often harmonized, to allow students to learn new fingerings at an even pace while enjoying the ensemble sound
• Advanced concepts: alternate fingerings, vibrato, flicking, and multiple articulation
• Trouble shooting for mechanical or reed problems, repair and maintenance
• Recommendations for selecting: Reeds, Mouthpieces & ligatures, Instruments, Method books and study literature, Constructing a basic woodwind “toolbox”
Click here for a video on Woodwind Methods
- SECTION 1: WOODWIND METHODS CLASS TEXT
- SECTION 2: SEQUENTIAL EXERCISES
- SECTION 3: DIR*E*CTOR'S GUIDE